2018-09-25 19.42.22.jpg

Getting Married


Is there an officiant on site?

Yes. The officiant is included in the pricing.

 Can we use our own officiant?

Yes. If there is someone you would prefer to marry you, that individual is welcome to come and perform your ceremony at the chapel. 

 Do we get pictures?

You can add photography to any package at discounted pricing from one of our recommended photographers. Feel free to contact the photographer of your choosing directly with any questions you may have regarding availability. You are also welcome to bring your own photographer.

How many guests can we have?

The chapel comfortably seats 50 people.

Can we have a wedding party?

Yes. You may have a wedding party with no more than 4 people on each side.

Is the wedding party included in the guest head count?

Yes, but the Couple is not included. Children under 5 are also not included in the guest count.

Can we have our reception here?

We do not offer traditional receptions. We are primarily a wedding ceremony venue. You may add a cider or champagne toast, or a cake to any package for an additional cost.  We also offer mini cocktail hours for certain larger packages.

Can I use my license from another state to get married there?

No. Marriage licenses cannot cross state lines. You must get married in the state in which your license was issued.

Can we choose our own music?

Absolutely! Most packages come with a choice of music. Just tell us what you want to hear and we will use Pandora and/or Spotify to play your favorite music while you are spending quality time with your guests.

How do we book our date?

Please call to make sure your desired date and time is available. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is required to secure your date and time.

Can we visit the chapel in advance?

We encourage you to come see our space. It is very unique and we want you to make sure it’s the right place for you. We do visits by Open Houses once a month for couples to come visit the chapel and ask questions. If you are planning to get married before our next Open House please call us.

Is the chapel wheelchair accessible?

Yes! There is a ramp that leads to the entrance.

Can a couple get dressed there?

No. The couple must come dressed and ready to go.

What if we want something in between the packages offered?

Give us a call and we can talk about it! Our packages are specifically designed for our layout, guest counts and time frames but we are happy to discuss slight variations to suit your needs, if possible.

Valid Marriage License

You must have a properly dated and valid marriage license on the day of your wedding or the ceremony will not be performed. Pennsylvania has a 3 day period waiting period once you have applied for the the license before the ceremony can be performed. The license is good for 60 days. In the event that your license is not valid at the time of the ceremony, any fees paid remain non-refundable. 

A license obtained in Pennsylvania may only be used in this state. The license may be applied for in any county and be used in any other county (such as applying in Montgomery County and being married in Philadelphia County). Marriage licenses obtained in other states cannot be used in Pennsylvania.  We have provided links below to the most common counties for additional information.

Age Requirement

In Pennsylvania, the legal age to get married without parental consent is 18. The age with parental consent is 16.


Proper identification is required to be shown by every couple wishing to get married at The Philadelphia Wedding Chapel. Names on identification must match those on the marriage license.

Non-US Citizens: Please contact the County in which you are applying for your license for information on the particular forms of identification required to apply for your license.

Certified Copies of Marriage License

Depending on the county in which you applied for your license, you will either need to order and pick up your certified certificate, or you will receive it in the mail once it has filed it with the appropriate marriage bureau.  Please allow up to four weeks for the processing of your license.  If you have any questions on the specifics of obtaining your certified certificate, please contact the county directly.

Changing Your Name

You will need the following documents to get a legal name change in Pennsylvania after marriage:

  • Certified marriage certificate

  • Proof of identification (driver’s license, state ID, or passport)

  • Proof of age (adoption decree, hospital record, or birth certificate)

Marriage Bureaus

Please see the links below for your county's marriage license application requirements. If your county is not listed, please contact us.

Berks County
Bucks County

Chester County
Cumberland County
Delaware County
Montgomery County
Philadelphia County